Java Aps and Reusable classes
This folder contains several Aps and a couple of useful reusable classes.
A somewhat unusual feature of most of the aps is that they can be run as either a standalone
application or applet on a web page.
Unfortunately, Java aps can be made into malware. You will need to download
the zip file and run it on your computer. This could be
avoided but a significant cost to me. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
- Bezier Draws 3 styles of Bezier curves as well interpolating curves
based on cubic polynomials
- JavaCalc5 5th version of a calculator with almost all the functions
of the Windows
scientific calculator. In addition it can calculate Standard deviations, averages and geometric means.
Calculations can be done in
binary, octal, and hexadecimal in addition to decimal. Graphs may be animated. There are some
additional aps in this folder including one that draws draws bar graphs When run as an application,
it can print the calculations. A reuseable and extendable graphing class is included. Uses the
- Converter converts between numerous units - For example: grams to pounds, ounces;
miles to kilometers or feet or inches. Includes length, area, volume, weight, speed, pressure, and temperature
units. Allows over 1100 conversions
- Grapher A ap that allows the user to type up four mathematical
expression and then graphs them. Also allows parametric and polar expressions. Can do automation.
When run as an application it can print the graphs. Uses ExprEvaluator reusable class.
- JTet A version of the common Tetras game.
Useful, reusable classes
- EasyFormat Simplify formatting Java printout
especially when one wants to align columns in a table. May be easier to use than the
DecimalFormat class provided with recent versions of Java.
- ExprEvaluator Allows a program to input a mathematical
and evaluate it. The inputted expression can be prefix, infix (normal), or postfix. Used by Grapher
- JAppletFrameThis was written before
using applets on web page was forbidden so it was quite useful at that time. This class allows an
ap to be used as both an applet and application. Used by most of the aps in this folder.