NEW! MULTIED 2.51
A programmer's text editor
Added in versions 2.35 - 2.51
Some new features in versions 2.35 - 2.51:
- The number of programmable tool buttons was increased to 12.
- New programmable tool button were induced. Alternatively the buttons can
be labeled with up to 3 characters.
- A few updates needed for Windows 7 were needed.
- New convenience features for projects: The function tree normally stays expanded after updates.
Find and Replace operations have options to search all the files in a project. Line numbers were added to copies of
the function tree.
- Find and Replace options: Optionally find and replace tool bars can be placed just above the status
bar or just below the tool bar instead of the more traditional floating dialog box. Control-R can be used as well as
Control-H for replace operations.
- Only the tools that can be used for the current file type are shown: This means that it is possible to create up to 9 tools applying to a particular file type without
concern for those shown for another file type.
- "Any project" tool buttons have been added: This makes using projects easier. Project tool buttons
have special icons that include the letter "P" for easy identification. For example, when editing files in a Java file that is part
of a project, a single click of a button can save any modified project files, compile and run the project.
- Some new tools have been added:
- Some new tool icons: Tool buttons show special icons for Java, JavaFX, ASM, DOS and projects.
A few other icons were revised.
- The Save button is enabled only when the current file has been modified: This makes it
easy to tell if a file needs to be saved. The save menu item is still available if one wants to save a newly created unmodified file.
- Control C can be used to copy from Macro Control and Help windows. Control V will paste into the Macro
Control: A menu was also added to both Macro Control and Help
- Menu items or short cut keys can be used for increasing or decreasing font size: Implemented in the
"Options" menu. Ctrl + and Ctrl - are the short cut keys.
- Template files were moved to their own Templates subfolder: This subfolder is contained in
- Separate menu items for Global Setup and Tool Button Setup in the Options menu.
- Improved word wrap options: Changed "Word Wrap" menu item to "Word Wrap Mode" and
added non word wrap mode word wrap and hanging indent submenu items: This makes it easy to word wrap in a line
mode document or in a section of such a document.
- Menu items for converting spaces to tabs or tabs to spaces at the beginning of indented lines.
- Classes, functions and methods are automatically detected when a project file is loaded.
- JavaFX is supported: A coloring and a template are provided.
- The thesaurus is included in the standard download.
- Macro capabilities were greatly enhanced: Added more macro commands to allow powerful
macros. For example, one can convert a unformated text file into a webpage event converting for special items such as
"<", ">", "&", URL's and even unordered lists.
- The Tool Setup program was revised: It was modified to correspond with the new way MultiEd
handles programmable tool buttons.
- Help files were updated.
Down loads and links:
Please send comments to James Brink, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.